Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Au revoir!

Well folks, this is it, my time here is up, for now at least. The gite is cleaned, the car is packed, and i’m ready to set off with Mr P for the longest drive of my life!

My plans for a last minute siege on my remaining projects didn’t quite go as i’d hoped.
I went out with Neil yesterday, as we were both keen to get Onde de Choc done, but when we arrived at Apremont, the bloc was just coming into the sun, and it was a hot one. Still we gave it our best shot and I achieved my highest point to date, my heel up high and just one more hard move to stick, but it was a very greasy looking sloper and I didn’t quite make it this time. I did however succeed in tearing a lovely great hole in the first joint of my right index finger so a that point I admitted defeat and we moved on.
We wandered over to Apremont Envers, where there are quite a few roof problems that would give us some shade and found a really nice block with a number of problems on it. Unfortunately we couldn’t quite make out exactly where any of the lines where, but we did climb a few really good problems, one of which took a fair bit of effort and we both agreed felt a solid 7a+ grade wise.
After a fun couple of hours we called it a day and Neil headed off on the school run, while I decided with a few hours of the day left, i’d walk out to Rocher Fin and try to polish off Chevalier Errant.
Again, it wasn’t to be and I realised that I might just have reached my limit after nearly five weeks climbing – everything was hurting from toes to fingers, elbows and knees. I was just trashed... but in a good way.

So after spending today getting ready for the mammoth journey ahead, i’m writing what will probably be my last blog in about 3 weeks. Since i’ll be camping the final week in Switzerland, and with no internet connection in our ‘Rustico’ prior to that, there doesn’t seem to be any point in taking my laptop out, so i’m leaving it here with Neil for safe keeping.
If I come across an internet cafe in the meantime and have time to spare, I might try and get something up.
Otherwise i’ll be posting when I get back, hopefully with a good haul of granite blocs to my name.... Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment